Sunday, February 1, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 3

So this week we finished the first version of the Ramayana that we are covering. I felt like I really learned a lot about the character of Hanuman this week!  I really am starting to enjoy reading my classmates Storybooks because it gives me insight to see how others perceive the characters. My favorite story was in the Storybook of Brandon and he wrote from Hanuman’s perspective throughout his journey to rescue Sita. I felt that I perceived the personality of Hanuman very similar to what Brandon did. He is a very loyal friend and servant of Rama. I also went a bit overboard this week with my Pinterest with Hanuman. As it turns out, many Pinners out there have a board specially designated for Hanuman so he must be a very influential character in Indian mythology.

I am really looking forward to read the Ramayana again next week from a different author. I am hoping it will give me new insight on the characters in this epic. I am also starting to get a hang on my website. I still have a lot to learn and I want to make it much prettier but I believe I have picked the theme I am going to stick with for my project!

At the beginning of this week, the weather was extremely beautiful so I went roller blading on campus. I usually go with a couple of friends that like to run but since I have pre-arthritic knees I am unable to run. Thus, I roller blade! We went all over the south oval and we stopped to get a drink inside so I chose to post a picture of me inside Kaufman Hall (I didn't roller blade all over the building like I made it look). I love being outside especially since I feel like my life is consumed with studying. It really helps calm my nerves. 



Personal photo of me skating on campus

No comments:

Post a Comment