Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Famous Last Words For Week 7


Wow, what a crazy week it has been thus far with the weather, huh? Well, last week my boyfriend surprised me and told me that we were going to Vegas for the weekend that I should get to packing. So, this past weekend I was walking through elaborate hotels and watching amazing shows. When we went to go print out our boarding passes Sunday night, we were informed that our flight into Dallas was cancelled because of the ice/snow storm. This was at 11pm Sunday night. Well…. Reversing a little bit. We checked out of our hotel Sunday morning at 10am and had the hotel hold our luggage for us until our flight that night. SO…. After walking up and down the strip for 13 hours we then found out we weren’t going home that night. Due to excessive ice we were unable to get a flight home until Tuesday… Into Dallas… and then had to drive up to Oklahoma after that. I didn’t get home until pretty late last night so I have been playing catch-up on all of my school work at the library since 8am! Let me tell you I am exhausted. Luckily most of my friends are doing a lot of homework and studying today also so I’ve had some company here at the lovely Bizzell. Anyways, despite the ending of the trip I had so much fun! Las Vegas is a beautiful city. I’ve heard it referred to as “Sin City” but I never felt like it was too terrible. Then again, maybe that’s because I didn’t enter any establishment that would make me feel that way :). The first day we were there it was sunny and beautiful! We were able to go to the top of the Stratosphere and ride the roller coaster! The great thing about being stuck in Vegas is that we were able to walk all the way south to the “Welcome to Las Vegas Nevada” sign! I love traveling and taking pictures in front of icons. If you haven’t been before I would suggest going!!!

Personal photo taken last weekend (Feb 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment