Thursday, February 26, 2015

Indian Epic UnTextbook

The Reunion of Sita and Rama--- The Iliad of the East: The Ramayana, By Fredrika Richardson
Chapter XIX: Pages 301-310



I chose this particular book to review because I’ve read a bit of the Iliad so I thought it would be fun to read the Eastern version. As I was reading, I felt that it was written like an ancient Indian epic should be written. It was quite formal and had very deep, emotional depth to it. I felt like I was able to connect with the characters on a better level. I really enjoyed how it was written. I don’t think there was much I disliked about it. It was a bit more difficult to read but I really enjoyed it!! I like how the chapter started out with Sita in the cold cave that she was trapped in. After the emotional roller coaster of proving her purity to Rama, he finally gave in and held her. Great story! They will always be my favorite Ramayana couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment