Monday, January 19, 2015

Overview: Epics of India

When I think of India, the first thing I think of is Hinduism. I think of beautiful tradition and extravagant wedding that last a whole week long and have an elephant carrying out the bride. I also think of Buddhism and how peaceful the tradition seems from a third person point of view. I took this class because I have so many friends that are from India. I am really looking forward to learning about epics that I can talk about with my friends! I have already seen the name "Krishna" and I know probably about 4 people with that name. Because Buddhism has always been an interest to me, I am really looking forward to learning about the Jataka Tales. This is compared to how Jesus had parables! I really want to read numerous stories about "the birth of Buddha."

(Image of Buddha found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment