Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Israel & Honduras...My Favorite Places

Jersualem, Israel. I have a minor in Religious Studies, so I studied abroad in Summer 2012 in Israel. Here I was part of a team of 40 people that participated in an archaeological excavation for a month.


(Image Information: personal photo of me in Jerusalem; photo from June 2012)

Galilee, Israel. The excavation site that I spent most of my time at in Israel was located just north of the Sea of Galilee. There are beautiful mountains and many Mediterranean palms in this part of the country.

(Image Information: personal photo of me in Galilee; photo from June 2012)

Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I spent two summers on a Medical Brigade in central and southern Honduras. Here we were able to treat those with no access to healthcare and also taught many children how to brush their teeth and wash their hands.

(Image Information: personal photo of me in Honduras; photo from May 2013)

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures, Courtney! Great!!! And listen, I have to ask: was that the dig that Nina Livesey was on also? Nina and I are old friends (both online and in real life), but I cannot remember if that was the summer she was in Israel or not. I do know that she had a fantastic time!!! Here's an article Liberal Studies published about her work: Professor Nina Livesey on Jewish-Christian Interpretations. She is one of my favorite people at OU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I went with Nina! She is so wonderful. I was part of the first group from OU to go back in 2012. Such a life changing experience to unveil an ancient synagogue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited that Nina went on that dig. She and I have been in a Bible reading group for over 10 years (back when I was in Norman, and then we have done it online since I came to North Carolina)... so for her to get to be THERE, where those stories are set and where those events took place, is just amazing. I have been Syria, but not to Israel. Maybe someday I will get to go!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete