Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week 13: Famous Last Words: Goodbye OU!

Wow, it is really hard to come to the realization that this semester is only two more weeks from being over. In fact, I graduate in exactly 23 days! I can’t even believe that I will be graduating from the University of Oklahoma with not one, but TWO degrees. This week has been a particularly special week because I just got accepted into graduate school! I will be pursing a masters in public health with an emphasis on biostatistics and epidemiology.  I will also be attending medical school at Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. I am trying to figure out now if I want to spend a year only working on a masters, or if I should go ahead and start medical school and then do joint enrollment and take one masters course per semester while in medical school and graduate with my MPH and DO on the same day in 2019. Although it kind of makes my head hurt thinking about it, I am also extremely excited for the future!


On the same topic of great news, my friend informed me of a really great job opportunity this week! She just started working with United Allergy Services as an Allergy Technician and she loves the job. The company is based out of San Antonio, although they are located all over the country. They require a bachelors degree and at least one year of experience in the medical field, which I have! The start pay is really great and I am a phlebotomist so I found out they may pay me even more. Needless to say, about two weeks ago I was absolutely frightened about graduating, but I more excited than ever about my future after undergrad. I  will be moving back to Ft. Worth, Texas a couple days after convocation and I couldn’t be more excited! 

Graduation photo taken by Matthew Griffin Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment