Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 10 Famous Last Words

Wow, getting back into the swing of school after being at the beach for a week is difficult. With graduation quickly approaching, I find school work becoming a burden! Senioritis is truly hitting me. Luckily that dreaded post-spring break week is over and I am finally finding some motivation for this second wind before I graduate. Taking 19 credit hours my last semester of undergrad was not a wise decision.

This weekend was the Medieval Fair which is my favorite part of the spring semester! In the past, my mom and little sister have been in town and we went as a family. This year, knowing my family wouldn’t be with me, I got some of my friends together along with my boyfriend and his little sister. We all went and had a really great time! My favorite part about the fair is the food because I love every kind of food. Unfortunately, almost all of the food there is fried and my body didn’t appreciate that very much. However, I endured the pain and ate a funnel cake, corndog, and a spiral spud. A spiral spud is a whole potato that has been cut in one continuous spiral form and then fried.

In between binge eating fried foods, I played with animals at the exotic animal area. I held a tarantula, pet a large iguana, and cradled a baby kangaroo. I also almost got stepped on by a giant tortoise and took a picture with a ridiculously heavy snake around my neck. Overall, it was quite a success. I made sure to wash my hands with soap and water afterwards before returning to my food. If you haven’t been to the medieval fair, definitely go next year!


After such an exciting day, I went home for the evening and completed some homework. However, I was quite exhausted and ended up falling asleep. It was quite a successful weekend back in Norman! I will be sad to graduate and leave this fun town.

Personal photo taken this weekend at the Medieval Fair in Norman.

7 comments:

  1. I agree that with graduation right around the corner senioritis is hitting hard! That must be rough to be in 19 hours your last semester! That is a really big workload! How fun that you got a big group together to go to the Medieval Fair! All that fried food sounds delicious! I am pretty bummed that I didn’t go and see the baby kangaroo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I definitely agree with you about the struggle of returning to school work. I’m finding my motivation going down and senioritis settling in as the semester goes on. I know there’s only a month or so left of school until graduation, so I should get my butt in gear, but finding the drive and motivation is tough. I went to the medieval fair as well, and I totally am all about fair food. So unhealthy, but delicious (and also expensive). I can’t believe you held a tarantula! Spiders are the stuff of my nightmares. I’m glad you had a great time, and I hope your semester continues in high spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,
    Wow! You’re taking 19 hours with Capstone being one of those? That’s quite bold, but we all have to do what it’ll take to graduate I guess. I also went to the Medieval fair, but just for the food ha ha! You ate all of those on the same day? They had an exotic animal area? I missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Courtney,

    Taking 19 hours with capstone being one of them is tough! I worked at the medieval fair as a henna artist. I love the medieval fair. It is a great place to observe people and their idea of "medieval fashion." I had no idea they had an exotic animal area!! I would've loved to play with a baby kangaroo, that is so cool! I'm so sad I missed out on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand what you mean about graduation coming up and the senioritis getting worse! I am graduating this summer too and I just have to absolutely force myself to do the required work. Now I'm trying to get into a graduate program that needs me to maintain the gpa I'm at so I have to work extra hard in these last few weeks to get good grades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    Good lord, nineteen credit hours!? Why? Summer classes, girl, summer classes… Haha, but I am sure you are ready to get out of here. I graduate in December and I am still SUPER anxious to be done with school! Also, the baby kangaroo sounds like so much fun but there is absolutely no way I would get close to any spider voluntarily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney,
    I have only been to the Medieval Fair once, but I really liked it! It's awesome that you have made it a tradition every year. After Spring Break I also found it hard to get my groove back. I have a ton of assignments piling up! Remember in High School when last semester of senior year was a total blow off? College is not the same way!! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete